Another Limited Rebellion is a challenge. Conceived first and foremost as a challenge to myself, but one that I hope will be considered by everyone we come in contact with:
Can someone make a living doing what they enjoy and effect positive change in the world?
Could I create commercial art that upholds my deepest beliefs yet still be able to feed myself?
The ALR philosophy includes a commitment to:
- Provide high quality art for clients whose work benefits the communities in which they are located.
- Work with clients who are not involved in the creation of cigarettes, alcohol, or weapons.
- Work with companies who are not involved in a labor dispute nor are targets of a boycott for its labor or environmental practices.
- Attempt to make work that creates a minimum of waste and do as little harm to the environment as possible.
- Encourage clients to use environmentally sensitive printing processes and materials whenever applicable to a design.
- Donate 10% of profits to non-profit organizations.
This is only a partial list and we are constantly evolving. Sure this is a monumental task. It means redefining what it means to be successful, but this is a challenge worth taking, one whose rewards are manifold.
By no means do we think we will be 100% successful. Instead ALR is offering a learning environment for ourselves as well as our clients: a hands on approach to incorporating socially conscious philosophies into every aspect of our lives.
Another Limited Rebellion